The first day of filming, i wanted to get the interviews done. I planned on interviewing my father, mother and brother. My father was first, we wanted to keep everything professional because that is the way i wanted my documentary to be, serious. I asked both my mother and father the same questions so i could get both opinions of my mother and father on the same subject. My fathers interview lasted about half an hour because my father is the longest answer-er of questions on this earth. i had to record him twice because the cameras battery went flat by the time he was finished answering his third or fourth question. My mother though, being as efficient as she is, was only about a 7 or 8 minute interview. So i had a nice contrast of a long winded, very detailed answer from my father and a short, sweet, straight to the point answer form my mother.
I wanted to get an interview with my bother, Huw, but unfortunately he refused to get interviewed, something about him being "camera shy". I did however get a small recording of him storming out the room after i asked him which will be in the documentary. In all honesty, i prefered that because it showed his condition greater than an interview with him.
I also filmed some filler shots around the house of my family so i can voiceover it. mainly of my brother walking around the house and occasionally kicking off over the smallest of things like his min craft game isn't working etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment