Living with two brothers
1x10 BBC 3
My brother has two sides to
him. One side is a loving, funny, bubbly young man who is great to be around.
The other is a stubborn, manipulative downright evil person that cannot be
bargained or negotiated with. Living with a mental illness brings a lot of
negative stigma in today’s society, this will show two sides of the argument.
From what it’s like to look in and see what it’s like from a bystanders point
of view, to
living with and coping with a mental illness.
My brother was diagnosed with
Severe Asperger’s syndrome in 2013, we are also looking into possibly
diagnosing him with Bipolar disorder and ADHD. He has struggled to fit in
throughout his life whether it being in school life or outside of school
endeavours. The effects of such mental illnesses bring a whole lot of strain
into his life and everyone around him. I will try to shed some light on what
it’s like to live with illnesses as severe as what my brother has with
interviews and personal experiences with them. I will also get professional
opinions to do with mental illnesses and the stigma behind how they are perceived
in today’s society.
I would like to do this
documentary because nowadays there are hardly any first-hand accounts of what a
mental illness. They are always an outsider looking and voicing their opinion
based on facts and figures. No one is saying what it is like on a day to day basis
dealing with the problems of a young adult with severe mental issues and the
people around him.
I
n conclusion I will try to
show what it is like to live with a mental illness for the person with the
illness and the people around him. I will make this from a first-hand stand
point and make this a personal diary on the life of my brother and our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment